How to access e-mail accounts through webmail
WHAT IS WEBMAIL?
Webmail applications enable you to check your e-mail accounts by using your web browser. You can compose and read e-mail messages, maintain an address book, and perform other common tasks. Third-party e-mail client applications, such as Thunderbird and Microsoft Outlook Express, generally provide more features than webmail applications, but also require more initial configuration.
There are three webmail applications that you can choose from:
- SquirrelMailWebmail is an optional feature. You can also use your preferred e-mail client application, such as Thunderbird or Microsoft Outlook, to access your e-mail accounts. You can even use a combination of webmail and a client application. For example, you might use webmail to check your e-mail while you are at work, and then download your e-mail to your computer using a client application when you get home. For information about how to set up a client e-mail application.
HOW TO ACCESS WEBMAIL
Accessing webmail is as easy as using your web browser to visit a URL, and then entering your account name and password:
- Use your web browser to go to https://www.example.com:2096, where example.comis your domain name. You should always use a URL that starts with https:// (the HTTP Secure protocol). This minimizes the possibility of someone intercepting the account's login credentials or reading messages.If you try to access webmail from behind a firewall that blocks port 2096, the previous URL will not work. Instead, you can use one of the following URLs:
However, for shared hosting accounts, your browser will display a warning message that the certificate does not match the domain name. As long as the certificate is from OneServicePlacehosting.com (which it should be), you can disregard this warning.
The webmail login page appears:
- In the Email Address text box, type the e-mail address for the account you want to access.
- In the Password text box, type the password for the e-mail account.
- Select the webmail application that you want to use. You can click Enable AutoLoadand webmail will load the selected application automatically the next time you log in.
Was this answer helpful?
Why should I choose OneServicePlace Hosting? We know there is a lot of competition in the web...
Do you have a question about web development? Is something just not working right? Get answers...
This article describes how to configure a client e-mail application so it can access an e-mail...
This article describes several ways to enhance the security of your WordPress site. Table of...
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution